It is important to say that Hypnotherapy is a TWO WAY process, it is the work of the therapist and the client together that brings the positive changes, the therapist will provide the tools to help the client help them selves.
Hypnotherapy is a process where the client is taken into a sate of mental and physical relaxation to access their subconscious mind in order to change certain behaviour patterns or access memories. Hypnosis is not a state of deep sleep but a relaxed state of heightened awareness which enables the client to focus on exactly what they want to change. Hypnotherapy only works on helping the client change what they want to change, it cannot be used to make anyone do things they do not feel is right or morally incorrect.
Hypnosis is thought to work by altering our state of consciousness in such a way that the left hand side of the brain(the analytical side) is relaxed down and the right hand (the non analytical) side of the brain is made more in control, this being known as the subconscious mind and the part of the brain that is more instinctive. So any suggestions made to this part of the brain are more deep seated and beliefs can be altered to suit the clients needs. Once the client has made the changes to their subconscious thought patterns they are brought back to full conscious awareness, fully bringing the conscious mind out of relaxation.
Normal feelings and perceptions return but the instinctive programing that creates actions and thoughts has been changed.
A Typical Hypnotherapy Treatment
- Firstly you phone or make contact for a chat to talk about your issues and if Hypnotherapy can help.
- You come round for the first session in which you answer some easy personal questions so I can work out what it is you want to gain from your time in hypnotherapy.
- You are taken into a relaxed state of trance in which your subconscious mind becomes open to positive change, so you become free from your old behaviour patterns.
- Number Three is repeated a number of times in subsequent treatment sessions until you feel you are happy to move forward with your life in the way you explained in the first session.
- I usually say that a minimum of four sessions will be a typical treatment length, but some people do need more, depending on what is being treated.
THINGS HYPNOTHERAPY CAN TREAT
Hypnotherapy is used for the treatment of many things, here is a list of some of them:
- Becoming a non smoker
- Phobias such as Claustrophobia, Arachnophobia, in fact any phobia that you have can be treated.
- Fear of heights
- Fear of flying
- Reduction of Migraine intensity
- Reduction of Tinitus
- Treating Anxiety
- Increasing confidence levels
- Emotional Eating
- Craving of certain foods
- Sexual issues
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Stress reduction
- Panic Attacks
- Relationship issues
- Public Speaking
- Alcohol control
- Canabis addiction
- Pain Control
- Fears or a specific fear
- Driving issues/increasing driving abilities
- Sporting motivation
- Healthy lifestyle
- P T S D
There are many more instances where hypnotherapy can be used, if you want to find out if I can help you then please phone and we can have a talk, confidentially of course.
If you want to book a session or ask any questions please call
Ian on 07432 570633